Apply by: 29th July 2021
Contract: Full Time
Location: Sheffield S11 9PS
The role is that of an Experienced Insolvency Case Administrator within the Insolvency Department. The individual’s responsibility will be to provide support and assistance to Insolvency Practitioners and Case Administrators within the Insolvency Department to aid in ensuring that all statutory responsibilities are fulfilled and the IP’s duties to maximise realisations for the benefit of creditors are upheld.
The individual will report to the Insolvency Managers. The individual must demonstrate excellent team spirit and ability to work as an effective member of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will vary case to case but are likely to include:
- Realisation of assets to maximise funds available to creditors (including tangible assets and debtor ledgers).
- Liaising with agents and solicitors associated with the cases.
- Preparation of statutory paperwork and other legal documents.
- Aiding in the preparation of documents for banks and other financial institutions
- Review and adjudication of creditor claims and distribution of funds
- Drafting correspondence to creditors and other interested parties on request.
- Negotiating with both creditors and debtors.
- Undertaking investigations with a view to identifying antecedent transactions.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Delegate work to less experienced members of the team as required.
- Liaising with directors to gather the relevant information in order to prepare necessary reports.
- Communicating with creditors to address any queries.
- Managing own workload to ensure statutory deadlines are met whilst ensuring that work is completed with accuracy and to the firm’s standard.
- Taking responsibility for ongoing compliance on own portfolio of cases.
- Attending site visits as and when required.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with banks/lawyers/financial institutions.
- Processing employee redundancy claims.
- Support the general day to day operations of the Insolvency department with any task requested.
- Support the Case Managers, Insolvency Associates and management team in maximising the Insolvency department’s efficiency.
- Assisting management team with monitoring time recording completeness.
Experience / Skills
The candidate should ideally have experience covering all aspects of Corporate Insolvency and possess the following skills:
- Have knowledge of insolvency legislation in lead casework area and general awareness of other formal insolvency procedures and legislation, including the most recent changes.
- Level headed and able to work in a pressured environment.
- Understands and manages risk within potential and current cases.
- Maintains & promote high professional standards of conduct.
- Positive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible and open to change.
- Act as a role model for Trainee Case Administrators & Case Administrators.
- Awareness of confidentiality and business sensitive matters
The candidate should also be proficient in computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft systems and IPS.
The candidate must be able to manage own workload and meet time critical deadlines
The individual will be reporting to Emma Dowd (Licensed Insolvency Practitioner & Insolvency Manager).
How to apply
Please use one of the following options to apply for the advertised role
CV to Julie Fantom, Wilson Field Ltd, The Manor House, 260 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield S11 9PS.