Apply by: 10th October 2021
Contract: Full Time
Location: Sheffield S11 9PS
The role is that of a qualified Insolvency Practitioner within the Insolvency Department. You will take insolvency appointments on a variety of insolvency cases on a joint basis with our current IPs. You will be required to deal with all technical aspects of the insolvency appointments, ensuring the smooth progression of cases through to closure, managing WIP and billings and ensuring technical compliance.
You will report to the Directors. You must demonstrate excellent team spirit and leadership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Taking appointments as a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
- Undertake a caseload of corporate insolvency cases.
- Direct input into the marketing activities and plans for the firm.
- Assist with the training and development of the team.
- No obligation to self-generate work but willing to attend marketing events as and when required to forge new relationships.
- Ensure all cases are managed effectively and in line with current regulatory guidelines.
- Take responsibility for liaising with key stakeholders on cases.
- Realisation of assets to maximise funds available to creditors (including tangible assets and debtor ledgers).
- Liaising with agents and solicitors associated with the cases as required.
- Review of statutory paperwork and other legal documents.
- Supervising the preparation of documents for banks and other financial institutions.
- Undertaking investigations with a view to identifying antecedent transactions.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members.
- Delegate work to less experienced members of the team.
- Managing own workload to ensure statutory deadlines are met whilst ensuring that work is completed with accuracy and to the firm’s standard.
- Attending site visits as and when required.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with banks/lawyers/financial institutions.
- Assisting management team with monitoring time recording completeness.
Experience / Skills
Although candidates should ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience covering all aspects of Corporate Insolvency and possess the following skills, newly qualified IP’s are invited to apply for the role.
- JIEB Qualified
- Ability to manage a team
- Good communication skills
- Level headed and able to work in a pressured environment
- Understands and manages risk within potential and current cases
- Maintains & promote high professional standards of conduct
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Be flexible and open to change
- Act as a role model for more junior team members
- Awareness of confidentiality and business sensitive matters
The candidate should also be proficient in computer skills and have a in-depth knowledge of Microsoft systems and IPS. The candidate must be able to manage own workload and meet time critical deadlines
The individual will be reporting to Gemma Roberts (Director & Licensed Insolvency Practitioner).
How to apply
Please use one of the following options to apply for the advertised role
CV to Julie Fantom, Wilson Field Ltd, The Manor House, 260 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield S11 9PS.